Developing a social media strategy for your business is a relatively new concept, but using social media platforms have become a staple in keeping up with your competitors, and your client’s requests. Do the Pros outweigh the cons when it comes to investing in a social media campaign? Hopefully this handy pros/cons list that I’ve created will help you in answering this question.
• Customers expect businesses to have social media accounts. If a business has no presence on the social Web, or their page is outdated and not well-maintained, it loses credibility and makes it harder for customers to connect to the company.
• Signing up for a social media account is free. The only money you may end up spending is paying an employee to maintain the accounts, or to outsource your social media efforts elsewhere.
• Social Media Commerce is booming and is expected to grow exponentially over the next few years. See this interesting article
• Having multiple social media accounts for your company increases brand awareness, and helps to drive SEO.
• You have the ability to strategically pinpoint and engage with specific conversations that are happening everyday on the social Web.
• You have the ability to publicly resolve issues that customers have been talking about on the Web about your brand.
• Advertisements that are sent to mass amounts of social media users at the same time, or that are sent out multiple times can often turn away customers and make them lose interest.
• If you don’t have a tight rope on what can and cannot be posted about your company online, undesirable and damaging information can be posted and seen by millions of people. For that reason, we recommend having a social media policy for your employees to understand and comply with.
• When your social media accounts are poorly maintained, it may be even worse than not having an account at all. You want your social media accounts to represent you as a company, and if your pages aren’t well put-together, you will lose credibility for your business.
Once you learn how to interact with your current and potential customers and maintain your presence on the social Web, continuously providing them with informative content as opposed to spam-like advertisements, you can begin to expect to grow your following, and your representation as a business leader.
If you’re interested in creating a social media policy for your company, or would simply like help developing/maintaining your social media programs, call Viral Technologies today at 1-855-718-4725 or email us email@example.com